Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inaugural post

Hello everyone. 

If you are reading this than you are one of a select few have wandered into my blog during its infancy.  I have wanted to do this for a long long time and I finally feel that the time is right in my life to distilling my musings on what I call the "Paranormal". 

First off, let me explain what I mean by the paranormal, since it seems that this term is used very liberally in pop culture, the media, and even in casual conversation.  As Dictionary.com states the paranormal is "of or pertaining to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation, as psychokinesis, extrasensory perception, or other purportedly supernatural phenomena."  OK, that's a good starting point.  The paranormal, in my estimation, includes anything and everything that is not considered a normal phenomenon in nature.  Using that as a template for what I will be covering in way of subject matter for this web log, you can expect to find posts on UFOs (unidentified flying objects), ABSMs (abominable snowman type creatures), psychic phenomenon, Forteana (see Charles Fort), and Cryptozoology, just to name a few of the major ones.  The subjects I just mentioned are really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the paranormal.  Lost lands / civilizations, USOs (unidentified submarine objects), anomalous archaeological evidence, spiritual entities (ghosts / poltergeists / hauntings), and yes the list can go on and on. 

I will, with these posts, try to distill interesting information to the reader, and will give some commentary on that respective subject.  I will NOT try to convince the reader that anything being discussed is fact, unless it is truly fact, and I will NOT try to "convert" the reader to my way, or any other, way of thinking.  Whether you believe in anything is your business, and I completely respect that.  I will not be a hypocrite and tell you that I will believe in everything I will be posting in this blog, because I already know I won't.  Belief in paranormal phenomenon, in my opinion, is less black and white, but more like shades of gray.  For example, does a unknown hairy biped currently live in the forests of the North American continent.  It is possible, anything is possible, but I wouldn't say it is a fact.  I would say it is more likely than a spectral entity picking up my keyboard right now and throwing it across the room right now.  Waiting...  OK, keyboard is still intact, and I'm sure you see my point.  There are various degrees of plausibility for the subjects we will be covering, but this not to say that some of the most bizarre phenomenon is not real.  It may very well be, just not very likely.

Well, with that being said I can say I am truly excited to see where this goes and what new things may come to light with dialogue between me and you, the reader.  I hope I am able to, at the very least, make you ponder something you may have dismissed before, and at the most, give both of us a euphoric moment where something previously unexplainable is suddenly quite clear, whether the explanation is truly paranormal in nature or not.

By the way, I have purposefully omitted how often I will be updating this blog due to the fact that I am unsure just how often I will be doing this.  It may be once a week, it may be once a day, I may even jump on multiple times on the same day, as time permits.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to you soon.

Happy Hunting,

Anthony Passalacqua

No comments:

Post a Comment